In Concept, your goal is to guess words through the association of icons. A team of two players – neighbors at the table – choose a word or phrase that the other players need to guess. Acting together, this team places pieces judiciously on the available icons on the game board.
To get others to guess "milk", for example, the team might place the question mark icon (which signifies the main concept) on the liquid icon, then cubes of this color on the icons for "food/drink" and "white". For a more complicated concept, such as "Leonardo DiCaprio", the team can use the main concept and its matching cubes to clue players into the hidden phrase being an actor or director, while then using sub-concept icons and their matching cubes to gives clues to particular movies in which DiCaprio starred, such as Titanic or Inception.
The first player to discover the word or phrase receives 2 victory points, the team receives points as well, and the player who ends up with the most points wins.
- 2017 Årets Spill Best Party Game Nominee
- 2016 MinD-Spielepreis Short Game Nominee
- 2015 Vuoden Peli Party Game of the Year Nominee
- 2015 Gouden Ludo Nominee
- 2014 Tric Trac Nominee
- 2014 Spiel des Jahres Nominee
- 2014 Spiel der Spiele Hit mit Freunden Recommended
- 2014 Lys Grand Public Winner
- 2014 Lys Grand Public Finalist
- 2014 Juego del Año Finalist
- 2014 Hra roku Winner
- 2014 Hra roku Nominee
- 2014 Golden Geek Best Party Board Game Nominee
- 2014 Board Game Quest Awards Most Innovative Game Nominee
- 2014 As d'Or - Jeu de l'Année Winner
- 2014 As d'Or - Jeu de l'Année Nominee
- 2013 Meeples' Choice Nominee
- 2013 Golden Geek Best Party Board Game Nominee